LWA Finds Big Efficientcy Gains Going Paperless
LWA focuses on quality and value of its engineering services as key differentiators vs. competitors. This strategy is validated by 80% of the company’s work coming from repeat customers. To accelerate their growth, LWA realized they needed to streamline and optimize existing business processes, both in the office and in the field. With a staff of 130, and dozens of simultaneous projects, it was critical to manage team resources effectively, reduce time needed for each job and minimize the chance for human error.
LWA was able to make the most dramatic efficiency gains by going completely paperless with Fluix:
- 1 Field tasks are prepared in the office as automatically generated checklists
- 2 Field workers access, complete, and submit the forms on their iPads
- 3 Documents are electronically signed by building owners on site
- 4 When stakeholders are not available in person, signatures are obtained via email
- 5 Collected data is instantly turned in for the next workflow participant to work on