Dynamic values in naming forms and tasks, as well as customizing emails with completed forms are aimed to:
Dynamic values in Fluix Taskstreams allow you to automatically name the submitted documents, customize email recipients, subject and body of the email, based on the information your remote team enters into the forms while working in the app. Let’s explore these capabilities in a bit more detail.
Keep the document names consistent with the dynamic values. The field data is automatically pulled from the predefined fields in the form in order to name the document correctly upon the task completion.
Steps from setup to end result:
1. Form naming pattern, configured in a recurring task in the admin portal:
Form Name and Performer name values were used to generate form names upon submission.
2. A form completed by a team member on the device:
The Performer Name field has been filled out.
3. The form with a proper name submitted to the cloud storage:
The submitted form contains two values: Form Name and Performer Name.
In addition, dynamic values can help you customize the emails that are sent out upon task completion. Hence, email recipients, subject, and email body can be created based on the recent data input made by a user in the related form on the device or web app.
Flow from setup to the received email:
1. Configured Submit by Email action for the Timecard workflow:
The Manager’s email and Performer’s email values are used to generate recipients’ emails.
Form Name and Performer Name – values are used for the email subject. In addition, the list of values was added to the email text.
2. Timecard on the user device with entered manager’s email:
Email address email@example.com was entered.
3. An email received by the Manager:
For the convenience of your users, you may also set up dynamic values for naming the task on the user’s device upon its completion based on the values entered by the user in the form.
firstname.lastname@example.org is the recipient, the subject of the email contains the form name and performer name, and finally, the email text contains all expected values.
Once the task is finished, a user will be able to easily distinguish it from the finished ones.
1. Go to the preferred Taskstream in the admin portal and click on the task where you would like to customize form naming.
2. In the action details, click on the configuration icon:
3. In the appeared input configurator choose the required form and pick the fields, values from which you want to see in the form name after it will be completed by the user.
4. Save changes.
5. To test the naming, add yourself to the Group of assignees in the Taskstream where you configured the naming, open the app either on a device, or the User app in the web, and complete the task.
A similar procedure applies to the customization of Submit by email action.
1. Click on the Submit by Email action in the Taskstream builder.
2. In the action details, click on the configuration icons next to Send to field, email Subject, email Text, and the form name after it will be completed by the user.
3. In the appeared input configurator choose the required form and pick the fields, values from which will be used in customization.
4. Click Save.
5. To test the setup, add yourself to the Group of assignees in the Taskstream, open the app either on a device, or web-based User app, and complete the task.
1. In the task preferences, click on the configuration icon to set up the automated task naming for the user.
2. In the appeared input configurator choose the required form and pick the fields, values from which you want to see in the task name after it will be completed by the user.
3. Click Save. To test the setup, add yourself to the Group of assignees in the Taskstream, open the app either on a device, or web User app, and complete the task.
As you can see, dynamic values are very handy both for those who perform the job on-site, and managers who supervise the process. Dynamic values save time and cut off manual effort while tasks, submitted forms, and email data are being named and filled in an accurate manner without employee involvement.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
The latest updates from our Product team, straight
to your inbox