How to collect signatures online?
Fluix eSign workflows is the perfect way to go paperless and collect customer signatures in-person on iPad or remotely. Remote eSigning allows your team to send documents to people outside the company, whether they are customers or third-party providers. Anyone can sign documents online in any browser, on any device, and no Fluix account required.
E-sign workflow is a repetitive series of actions that will happen in the order configured by you according to your business needs. To create such a workflow in Fluix, please follow the steps below.
- Proceed to the Configuration section and create a new workflow.
- Select users who can send documents for signature.
- Add a document source Templates and select a folder with contract templates. Ensure that the template has a signature field.
- Choose Send for Signature as submit action.
- Once the documents are signed, they should be returned back to the user. Add the second document source My Inbox for the same user.
- After the user reviews the signed document, they email their office or archive the document. To configure that option, add the final submit action, e.g. Send by Email or Upload to a folder.
- Click Save & Publish.
Here is an example of a workflow:
E-sign workflow in action
After the e-sign workflow was created, its participants get access to the template contracts and other documents they need to work with.
The user needs to follow the next steps:
1. Log into Fluix on the iPad, iPhone, or web browser.
2. Select a document from Templates, fill it out, and tap the Submit button in the top right-hand side corner.
Only documents with a valid signature field can be sent for online signing. If there is no such field in the form, user won’t be able to email the document for signature and will see the error message: ‘There is no signature field in this document, hence the recipient won’t be able to sign it and return to you afterward.’
In case a signer has to only sign a document and is not expected to make any changes, choose Sign Only to restrict the editing option of the document. If the user wants signer to fill out other fields, they choose Fully Editable option:
3. In the popup window enter signer’s email address. Please note that only one recipient can be added per document.
If an error was made in the email address, upon every next entering of address the dropdown list will include it. To avoid that, it can be deleted by swiping left on the address.
4. The signer will receive an email with the link to the document to be signed. By default, the link is available for 4 days. One day prior to expiration, the signer gets the reminder. But you can change the link expiration period by tapping on Reminder.
5. Also, you add a personal comment to accompany the document. In case you send similar comments to your customers, you can save them to Templates and use each time you send a document. Please note that the templates are saved on the device locally and are not synced between your devices you use to work with Fluix.
6. Tap Send.
After the document has been dispatched, you will see a new tab Sent for Signature where a copy of the sent file is stored:
Signer Online Experience
A signer will receive the following email about a document that needs to be signed:
Once the signer clicks Open and Sign, the document is opened in the browser on any device. To sign a document, the signer needs to type the name in the signature field. From there, the signer has 3 choices under actions: Send document back, Save and Finish Later or Decline to Sign.
When the document is signed, it is returned to Fluix and appears in My Inbox marked as Signed. Both the signer and the sender get the email notification.
If the signer declines to sign the document, it is pushed back to My Inbox and marked as Declined.
In case the signer didn’t have chance to sign and return the document back before the link in the email expired, the document will be returned to the sender’s app, My Inbox section marked as Expired. In that case, a user can send the document to sign once again.
If a document needs to be retracted, proceed to the Sent for Signature section > select the file > tap Void:
There, the admins can also void the documents from the Admin Portal, in the Document Status section.
The retracted file will no longer be available for the signer and will appear in My Inbox.
Continue with signed documents in the workflow
Once the document returns to the sender to My Inbox, it can be sent further as per preconfigured workflow rule: emailed to other participants of the workflow, uploaded to company cloud storage, etc. Once the document is submitted to its final destination, it will land in the Completed tab on the device.
Admin’s control over all documents in progress
Admins can see all the documents sent for signatures in Admin Portal > Configuration > Workflows > particular workflow > Document Status:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information or sign up for a personalized demo.