What is a Taskstream?
Fluix Taskstream is a way to automate daily routine tasks of your team.
A taskstream is a template for repetitive work performed by your team members. The job of the Administrator is to model such a sequence of tasks to achieve a business goal, while users only need to follow the configured processes. This separation allows everybody to focus on their core competence according to the role in a company and current taskstream step, and automate the technical routine of in-between transitions.
In other words, the taskstream itself is a collection of tasks and actions that have to be performed.
Through taskstreams, field workers receive tasks on their iPads and iPhones, with descriptions of jobs to be done, fillable forms, and attachments for review. Users can fill out data and e-Sign, add photos and scan barcodes, and submit tasks to the next step in the process.
Below is the basic flowchart showing how Engineers fill out checklists, Supervisors review them and send to your company storage and office team.
In terms of a taskstream, it will look like a number of steps:
1) Engineer picks up a task on their iPad, fills out the checklist form with all of the necessary information from site, and submits it to the site Supervisor for review.
2) In case any rework is required, Supervisor returns the checklist to Engineer for rework. If no corrections are needed, site Supervisor signs the checklist and approves it. The completed checklist is automatically uploaded to your company storage and emailed if needed.
Before you proceed with a taskstream, here are the starting points to begin modeling your process:
- What is the business goal of the process?
- Do you know the precise flow of actions to achieve the goal?
- Who will work on each specific task?
- Can you organize users in groups to make taskstreams role-based?
- Do you offer users to select the cases to work on, or directly assign them?
- Do you have digital or spare form templates that will be used in a flow?
- Does your company currently use any cloud storage to store completed forms?
Do you know the answers to the above? Then you are ready to learn how to Create a taskstream in the next article. In case you need our assistance, feel free to contact your Customer Success manager or our Fluix Support Team at email@example.com, we are always here to help!